Taranaki Farmers Market Trust Charter Aims
In a nutshell, our market is built around the words "By Taranaki, for Taranaki".
Here's a summary of the key aspects of the Farmers Market Taranaki Trust Charter:
- To facilitate the formation of a network of producers and consumers of primary produce in Taranaki.
- To provide an easily accessible and affordable infrastructure for both consumers and producers in a central location in Taranaki on a regular basis.
- To support the viable and self sufficient operation of existing and future producers, small businesses and cottage industries in Taranaki.
- To promote, support and further the rapport and understanding between local producer and consumer in Taranaki by means of information, education and needs evaluation and by working closely with the local authorities.
- To provide the Taranaki community with locally grown and produced wholesome food at market related prices.
Farmers Market Taranaki operates with multiple beneficial aims, primary ones being:
- To support and stimulate profitable trading and business growth of independent primary producers, hobby farmers, community and home gardeners, and associated produce value-adders and cottage industries.
- To provide customers with regular supplies of fresh local food and access to improved nutrition.
Farmers Market Taranaki aims to be an integral part of the Taranaki Community and strives to provide various local benefits, including:
- Food and nutrition education
- Regeneration of community spirit
- Rural/urban linkages
- Facilitation of community based food security programs
- Recycling of green waste and appropriate packaging.